How often have you found yourself staring at your screen, wanting to tweet something engaging but not knowing what? Let's face it: we've all been there. Twitter is vibrant and full of possibilities, but keeping up with it can be challenging. It's a fast-paced platform that constantly demands fresh and engaging content.
So, how do you consistently come up with tweets that capture your followers' attention and inspire conversations? This predicament is extremely common whether you're a company looking to boost its brand or an influencer wanting to engage followers.
That's why we've created this guide. In this blog post, we'll share 17 original ideas for what you can post on Twitter in 2024 to keep your feed interesting and engaging for your followers.
Let's get started.
Why Should You Be on Twitter?
Twitter, a platform buzzing around the clock with news, discussions, and a vast array of content, offers several unique benefits when it comes to posting:
- Reach: With over 1.3 billion users globally, Twitter presents a vast pool of potential audience members. With the right kind of posts, you can extend your reach, gaining visibility beyond your existing followers.
- Engagement: The real-time nature of Twitter aids in rapid interaction. Quick replies, retweets, and likes can make your post go viral, increasing engagement and audience interaction.
- Connections: Twitter allows you to connect not just with your audience but also with industry thought leaders, influencers, and other businesses. Regular posts provide the opportunity to foster these relationships.
- Brand Awareness: Creating a consistent presence through frequent posts increases your brand's recognition. This consistency can help your brand stay relevant and top-of-mind with users.
- News and Trends: Posting about the latest trends or news can position you as a timely and valuable resource in your field, attracting more followers.
- Feedback and Insights: Posting questions or conducting polls gives you direct insight into your audience's attitudes and preferences.
- Traffic: With concise styles, compelling content, and links to your blog or website, Twitter posts can direct significant traffic to your webpage.
Every tweet can become a stepping stone towards your goal, be it building your brand, connecting with influencers, or simply staying updated with the trends.
How Often Should You Tweet?
Determining the right frequency for tweeting can be a bit tricky as it primarily depends on your goals, audience, and the nature of your content. However, it's essential to strike a balance between staying relevant and not bombarding your followers with too many tweets. Here are some factors to consider:
- Consistency is Key: Consistently posting on Twitter helps keep your audience engaged and your brand visible. Whether you tweet once a day or ten times, ensure it's something you can sustain in the long run.
- Quantity Isn't Quality: While tweeting more often can increase engagement, the focus should be on the quality of your tweets. Posting meaningful and relevant content that adds value to your audience is beneficial.
- Twitter Traffic : Studies suggest that Twitter traffic peaks at different times during the day. For example, lunchtime hours see a lot of Twitter activity. Aligning your tweet schedule with these peak times can help maximize your tweet's reach.
- Audience Activity: Pay attention to when your audience is most active. Using Twitter analytics, you can understand better when your followers are online and tailor your tweet schedule accordingly.
- Industry Trends: Diverse industries might see different days or times as more engaging. Look for data specific to your industry to comprehend the best time and frequency for you to tweet.
Start with 1-5 tweets daily and adjust based on engagement as needed. Also, remember that the more you tweet, the more likely your followers will see one of your tweets.
A clear understanding of your target audience is crucial in creating compelling and captivating content on Twitter. Knowing who you want to connect with and their needs and interests will help tailor your tweets to maximize engagement.
Identifying Your Target Audience
Identify and define your target audience to create content that resonates with your followers. Here are some steps you can follow:
- Analyze Your Existing Audience: Take a detailed look at your current followers' demographics and interests to identify the people already engaging with your profile.
- Define Your Goals: Identify your purpose for being on Twitter and align your target audience with those goals. Are you promoting a product or service or just sharing your expertise?
- Study Your Competitors: Look at the followers and engagement levels of similar profiles or competitors to identify who they target and how their audience responds to their content.
- Develop a Target Persona: After collecting this data, create a target persona representing your target audience. This persona should include information such as age, gender, location, interests, and challenges.
Understanding Your Target Audience's Needs and Interests
With a clear target audience, you can now focus on understanding their needs and interests. It will help you create content that appeals to them.
- Listen to Your Audience: Observe the Twitter conversations happening around your industry, brand, or relevant topics. Look for common pain points, questions, or trending themes.
- Twitter Analytics: Leverage Twitter analytics to get insights into your followers' demographics, interests, and the performance of your existing content. Identify trends and preferences to help shape future content.
It can be difficult without knowing what exactly you want to achieve from analytics. With Highperformr’s analytics and AI coach you can totally eliminate the guesswork and implement the suggestions directly from the AI coach.
This will save you time and you can better accelerate your efforts towards growth.
- Social Listening Tools: Use social listening tools like Hootsuite, Mention, or Brandwatch to monitor conversations, hashtags, and mentions that can provide deeper insight into your target audience's behavior and preferences.
- Stay Updated: Follow industry news, trends, and influencers that interest your target audience. It helps you create timely and relevant content.
When you clearly understand your target audience, you can create content that resonates with them. This will help you build a loyal following and increase engagement on social media.
Types of Content to Post on Twitter
Creating engaging and diversified content is key to Twitter's success. Here are some types of content that you can experiment with:
1. Ask Questions
Brands often use questions to engage their followers. For example, Subway usually posts questions about their food offerings or relevant lifestyle topics.
Such questions not only spark conversations among users but also provide Subway with comments and feedback they can incorporate into product development or marketing strategies.
2. Motivational Quotes
Motivational quotes can be effective in establishing a brand's values and personality. Dove, known for its campaigns to boost self-esteem and body positivity, often tweets motivational quotes that align with these themes.
For example, a health and wellness brand might share famous sayings from fitness experts, positive affirmations, or motivational fitness journey quotes. These nuggets of wisdom help to inspire followers and create a positive association with your brand.
3. Brand Announcements
Brands commonly announce vital milestones on Twitter. These announcements could include launching a new product, partnerships, company achievements, or any significant changes within the company.
For instance, a clothing brand can announce its summer collection with a sneak peek: "Get ready for our exciting summer collection! Here is a glimpse of what's coming."
Sharing such updates can create buzz and anticipation among your audience while making them feel involved in your brand's journey.
4. Industry News & Updates
Twitter is an excellent platform for sharing industry news and updates, turning your profile into a valuable resource for your followers. For instance, TechCrunch, a leading technology media property, shares crucial developments, emerging trends, and thoughtful articles related to the tech industry.
By publishing content from other sources, such as industry reports, valuable articles from experts, or even retweets from thought leaders, TechCrunch strengthens its position as a reliable source for tech news, engaging its followers and triggering thoughtful discussions around trending topics.
5. Products and Services
Shining a spotlight on your products and services is another effective Twitter marketing strategy. Tesla excels at this by combining compelling images, videos, and snippets of information about their electric vehicles.
They use Twitter's visual capabilities to showcase their product's features, such as autopilot functionality or the sleek interior design of a new model.
6. User-Generated Content
Sharing user-generated content offers social proof and builds trust and credibility for your products or services.
Regardless of industry, highlighting positive customer feedback can considerably bolster a brand's reputation and trust.
7. Upcoming Events & Promotions
Netflix excels at promoting upcoming events and shows to generate excitement and engagement among its followers. The streaming giant uses Twitter to share promotional teasers, trailers, premiere dates, and other information about new or returning series.
A great example was the release of "Stranger Things" season 3 when Netflix shared countdown posts, fascinating artwork, and trailers to build anticipation.
This strategy not only piques the curiosity of followers but also encourages them to share the content, creating widespread buzz and excitement.
8. Questions & Polls
Twitter polls are an effective tool for engagement, providing valuable insights into customer preferences. Hubspot frequently posts interesting questions or polls about books and reading habits.
Such polls facilitate user interaction, provide valuable audience insights, and keep the brand relevant and personable to its followers.
9. Blog Posts & Articles
National Geographic uses Twitter to share the breathtaking photos, articles, and blog posts they're known for. A tweet linking to a detailed article gives followers easy access to more in-depth content.
Not only does this share captivating content with followers, but it also effectively drives traffic back to National Geographic's website.
10. Promo Codes or Flash Sales
Boost excitement and create a sense of urgency by using Twitter to advertise exclusive promo codes and flash sales. This approach can effectively drive conversions by promoting direct purchases from your followers.
Create posts highlighting the offer's limited nature and use eye-catching images or graphics. Be sure to include all relevant details, like the sale duration, the exact offer, and how to redeem it, so followers get all the information at a glance.
11. Tease Launches
Anticipation is a powerful motivation for consumers. Tweaking standard promotional tactics to tease an upcoming product launch or significant announcement can stir curiosity and excitement among your Twitter followers.
Share sneak peeks, behind-the-scenes looks, cryptic messages, or countdown posts to keep the audience hooked and looking forward to the reveal. This method builds anticipation and amplifies word-of-mouth promotion as followers share your intriguing updates.
My Arcade is known for its captivating product launch teasers. Before a new product release, they post cryptic tweets or short video clips about the launch.
Each post builds anticipation and excitement among their followers, generating chatter and speculation.
Twitter offers a perfect platform to live-tweet from events or conferences that you are attending or hosting. Regular updates from the event, like quotes from speakers, photos, salient points, and related anecdotes, can increase the event's visibility.
Getresponse is a good example. They interview people and share knowledge with their community often.
They use dedicated hashtags, posting updates, thoughts, images, and even video snippets from these events.
13. Social Media Holidays
Engage with your followers by acknowledging social media holidays that align with your brand. This can include both universally recognized dates like Earth Day, as well as more light-hearted occasions like "National Pizza Day" or "International Day of Yoga."
You can even host a giveaway to boost your brand awareness like this:
Use these occasions to have fun with your content while showcasing your company's ethos or products. Always remember to use the appropriate hashtags for the holiday to reach a wider audience.
14. Trending Topics & Tips
Join in on trending discussions related to your industry or offer valuable advice to establish your brand as a thought leader. You can even try to pair it with your brand to get better engagement:
Engaging with these popular trending topics can increase your brand's visibility and reach a larger audience. Similarly, sharing tips and "how-to" guides related to your service or product will provide value to your followers and demonstrate your expertise.
Showcase the practical benefits and value of your products or services by sharing customer testimonials. Posting positive reviews or stories from satisfied customers on your Twitter feed can serve as powerful social proof and help build trust with your followers.
You can repost tweets from your customers to boost your brand's image.
This can attract new customers and reinforce the loyalty of existing ones. Remember to respect privacy and always get permission before sharing a testimonial publicly.
16. Job Openings & Career Opportunities
Utilize your Twitter feed to disseminate information about career and job opportunities within your company. Highlighting these prospects not only reaches out to potential candidates directly but fosters a sentiment of growth and dynamism about your company's culture.
You can briefly mention essential requirements or perks and direct interested individuals to the detailed job description on your official website.
17. Visual Content (Images, GIFs, Videos, & Memes)
Leverage the impact of visual communications to capture audience attention and stimulate user engagement on Twitter. Visually rich content triggers emotional responses and is more likely to be shared, whether you're using captivating images, entertaining GIFs, informative videos, or relevant memes.
Ensure that the visual content aligns with your brand identity and tone. Furthermore, Twitter supports native media, allowing users to interact with your content without leaving the platform.
Highperformr's Tweet Creation and Scheduling
1. Creating a Tweet
To create a new tweet using Highperformr, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Highperformr account and navigate to the 'Compose' tab.
- In the 'Compose' text box, type out your tweet. Remember to keep it meaningful and engaging, incorporating hashtags where applicable. Using the ' Add Media ' button, you can also add media (images, GIFs, videos).
- You have the option to rewrite it with AI, so you don't have to worry about being "Perfect."
- Don't have anything to post? You can choose from ten pre-made posts, make changes, and schedule them right away.
- You can even select "auto-repost" to boost engagement without even opening your account.
2. Scheduling a Tweet
After composing your tweet, you can schedule it for a later date and time instead of posting it immediately. This is how you do it:
- Click the 'Schedule' button under the 'Compose' box.
- A calendar will appear. Select the desired date you want your tweet to be published.
- Below the calendar, set the exact time for posting.
- Once you've set the date and time, click 'Schedule'. Your tweet will now be posted automatically at your appointed date and time.
Alternatively, you can click the "Schedule" tab and schedule your posts for the next month.
Highperformr also includes free AI tools for effectively managing your Twitter account. These tools include:
This tool utilizes artificial intelligence to generate potential viral tweets related to your industry or interests. It offers you pre-written content, saving you time and increasing the chances of gaining more visibility on Twitter.
2. Scheduling Tool:
The AI-based scheduling tool automatically determines the best time to post your tweets based on when your audience is most active. This increases the likelihood of your followers seeing and engaging with your posts.
The potential to leverage Twitter for your brand success is immense. The platform offers endless opportunities to engage with your audience, build brand recognition, and drive direct sales. However, to truly harness Twitter's potential, your strategy needs to be precise, creative, and continuously engaging, which may require significant time and effort.
That's where Highperformr comes into play. It's designed to ease social media management by automating more than 60% of your Twitter efforts. From creating engaging tweets and scheduling them at the perfect time to generating potential viral posts using AI and providing insightful analytics and reports, Highperformr takes care of it all.
It allows you to focus more on the strategic aspects, like content creation and community engagement. Make your Twitter journey successful and more efficient with Highperformr's assistance.